Monday, August 20, 2012

Poe as You've Never Experienced Him Before

I love traditional books. I really do. I'm such a devotee of the paper book that I can honestly say that owning an e-reader is not in my foreseeable future. But I have to admit...whenever I witness the highly interactive nature of digital stories, my mind gets completely blown. Like with iPoe.

Image via https://www.iphonelife.com

iPoe is a collection of four Edgar Allan Poe stories - "The Oval Portrait," "The Tell-Tale Heart," "The Masque of the Red Death," and "Annabel Lee" - that have been creatively reinterpreted for digital consumption via the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch. The "illustrated & interactive" nature of this reinterpretation is positively stunning. Take a look:




With amazing illustrations by David Garcia Fores and a haunting soundtrack by Teo Grimalt, iPoe allows for a breathtakingly unique revisitation of Edgar Allan Poe's work for longtime fans. Plus, it's sure to attract a new, younger group of readers to his timeless tales. Extras include a biography of Poe and a collection of the illustrator's sketches. Text is available in English, Spanish, and French.

iPoe is from Spanish developer Play Creatividad and is available via the App Store.

No comments:

Post a Comment