Saturday, February 4, 2012

10 Things to Know If You Want to Work in Libraries

When I was an undergraduate student, I worked part-time at my campus library. What started out as a convenient way to make a little spending money turned into one of the best jobs I have ever had. Years later, I'm earning a master's degree in library and information science so that I can work at a library in the "real world."


Earning a master's in library and information science is just one step along the path to a professional library career. Ned Potter, in a slideshow that I've posted below, lists nine more things that you should have or be aware of if you want to get a job (and get ahead) in a library environment. He also helpfully lists the many options open to you if you are looking to pursue a library career.


No comments:

Post a Comment